Thoughts

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"

Friday, February 10, 2006

Girls : Still a Mystery :)

With Valentines day just 3 days away and me still looking for one, i was just pondering that why are some guys very successful and others not ?
As i see myself over the years, i could see that i was a shy person( by shy i mean i never took the initiative to talk to them, the girls) right from my school days. Being the topper of my school, i was always approached by many including beautiful girls for my class notes and i readily helped everybody. Topper does not mean that i was very studios. Infact I remember, after the school(a morning school) and after taking the lunch, i used to run to my neighbourhood places and play host of games starting from maachis, photos( filmi), patte ( cards: i was very good at it :D ) imli biza, baati (kanche), delo baati (white and big kancha), saboon desh ( a series of stone one above the other: we had some experience of it in XIMB as well courtesy Zahid and the skill city team )and offcourse cricket, badminton, kabaddi, gulli danda and many more. i was lucky enough to have a friend circle from all quarters of society i.e the well off families, middle class and the poor. similarly from all religions like the muslims, bengalis ( i lived close to pathan pada and bengali pada), oriya, marwari, gujrati, sikhs and my school was a chirstian school. All this has helped me in having a basic respect for everybody irrespective of the caste, creed, religion, affluence.
Sory for the diversion into my childhood memories. What i basically want to say is that till class viii, i was not very keen on girls. After that as i entered in my adolescence, due to the biochemical changes i started having a differnt feeling towards the girls like i started thinking about them, dreaming about them ( i would specially like to mention my friend "deepak" as he told me all the intricacies involved between a girl and a boy ;) ) i started having crushes but due to my shy nature towards girls which i have developed over the years, i was never able to express my felings to them. whenever i sit down now and think about it, i feel very sory about it. i have missed lot of good opportunities :(
i remember one crush i had on my schoolmate after i left the school and one in my college with whom i never spoke..i somehow reconciled myself that probably in engineering i will do something but to my dismay, the boys girls ratio was less than 8% in NIT jaipur. In our electronics dept, there were only 3 girls and as the demand supply formula says. due to shortage of supply there was huge demand and i would say there was better contenders than me... people who had the time, money and patience.
i somehow made some news in MNIT also ( as always :) ) i remember we used to propose our collegeaues in funny ways on valentines day. Again in the evening time, we used
to go to the most hanging out place of MNITIANS, GT (gaurav towers). I remember once i was made the leader of the FOSLA ( Frustrated One Sided Lover Association) and we raised slogans " fosla group zindabad " untill the security police came with their long lathis and we had to disperse. I used to see couples being formed and always dreamt of me having one which unluckily never happened :) so the engineering days were over but i never lost hope and i was looking forward for some action in XIMB :D
I was happy to see so many nice girls on the very first day here at XIMB. Thanks to Orientation programme and seniors that helped us getting closer to the girls. i remember we used to check AIS photos of both our seniors, batchmates and even the RM ppl :) and try to shortlist some ( The targets :D ). Again talking to the opposite sex was something i started developing and enjoyed a lot :) I remember my first crush in XIMB. she is a very sweet girl and a very good friend of mine.. but a friend of mine fell in love with her and my story ended there :) ( some editing on request ). i m happy that whatever happened it was good for me and her :)
i was a little sad but thanks to MBA schedule which helped me forgetting it. The MBA first year passed away in NO time. after we came back from summers, I could see the excitement about the junies in our batch. many of my batchmates actually tried hard :) i somehow had become more focussed about my career and did not gave a fight although i liked a few of them :P i will like to stop here and one thing i would say looking back at the experiences of my life is that" communicate your feelings !!!" and Valentines day is one such great day or i would say an opportunity to express ur love and fellings to ur beloved.
I wish you all in advance " Happy valentines day " May success be yours and you get the love of your life :D

4 Comments:

Blogger Rohit said...

Hey Jalan Bhai,
Donot get disheartened.... woh kehte hai na ki ladkiyan aisa laddo hai, jo khaye vo pachtaye aur jo na khaye vo bhi pachtaye.. so it's repending either ways...:D
And if u want it to be the first way, then i wish u sucess this Valentine Day... may u face the enlightenment....;)
And yes as Ajaya has already said: " You definitly deserve the best". Your partner would be very luck to get a caring and understanding spouse...
Best Wishes for evrything in life..
Rohit

Saturday, February 11, 2006 3:47:00 AM  
Blogger Anand Jalan said...

Thanks for your wishes :) lets hope for the best :D

Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:51:00 AM  
Blogger Anand Jalan said...

I feel there has been some misconception among some of my blog readers. i am sory that i was not able to communicate the message effectively. It was just fun and nothing serious. and secondly i accept that i was very immature at that point of time especially in love matters :P but XIMB has taught me a lot of thing. Also the faith in GOD has increased tremendously.
I always want to be in such a state. I am thankful to all my blog readers who have helped me realise the importance of effective communication. i will take care that i elaborate a little sometime to avoid confusion and misconception
Happy reading blogs :D

Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:00:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jiju....i read all ur blogs....they are just awesome....particularly this blog is very nice and FOSLA wow....but i think now everything is fine.....

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home