Thoughts

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

"Discouragement"

After reading the discouraging comments of ha ha ha and he he he, i was a little sad. it made me think and hundreds of questions were coming to my mind..is my blogging worthless ? is it too cheap ? am i doing the right thing or should i stop blogging ? I asked GOD and the inner voice told me that i am on the right way..

I remembered the Lord Shiva, Goddess parwati and nandi(ox) story..for those who dont know i will just tell the same..Once shiva and parwati were riding on the nandi and when people saw this, they started criticising shiva and parwati saying that they are so cruel on the poor nandi who has to take the load of both of them.. hearing this, Lord shiva came down but people still criticiesd parwati for being so disrespectful to her husband who is walking whereas she is seating comfortably on the nandi.. looking at these, parwati also came down.. but people still did not left criticising..they said how fool shiva and parvati are.. they have an ox to ride still they are walking..

MORAL OF THE STORY: There are some people who will keep criticising no matter whatever u do... one can never satisfy everybody.

I remembered my school days.... Although it was an english medium, but we never used to speak in english.. i used to see convent students speaking in fluent english and i also felt the desire to do the same but everytime i wanted to speak in english, i used to hear discouraging comments like " dekho english bolta hai,English babu ban raha hai, apni angreji apne paas hi rakh " these comments used to kill the desire in me and i used to revert back into the normal hindi dialogue.. i remember our school also once tried to enforce english speaking by putting fine of Re. 1 for speaking anything other than English once and like wise it used to add up... this did not worked out well as there were many problems and hence the initiative was doomed.. As i entered into NIT jaipur for my engineering and specially with NITs having a diverse group of students from all parts of the country.. i used to have little bit difficulty while talking to south indians and since it was the only way to communicate , i did not have much choice..Being very active in all the college activities, i used to get a lot of chances of comparing, etc.. but since i have not developed my english fluency during my school days, i always use to take the back seat in such matters and used to get involved into other activities..also to my bad luck, NIT jaipur has 50 % state quota and most of them were from hindi medium..the mentality of them was again the same as my school day friends..So everytime i used to start on this front, tons of discouragement used to kill my initiatives..But somehow, I was lucky enough to have some like minded friends during my 2nd year( people preparing for GRE).. also my MBA scholarship did a great help to me in this front and Infact it was instrumental in my getting selected into XIMB.

What i want to say is that whatever u do , there will be some people who will definitely try to discourage you . I am not critising those set of people as it has become an human tendency.. It is rightly said " It is very easy to criticise anything " ..We use to cricise about our friends, relatives, country, system and 100 such things.. Just try to recall how many things do we admire or How many people do we give a pat on the back for their good work.. we hardly do this.. why do people do this?? i dont know and also i really dont know the logic behind it. What do one get from this?? I have suffered a lot because of discouragment and i dont want to suffer anymore. I will listen to everybody but do whatever i feel like " Suno sabki, karo apne manki "

To tell you, i have been a very lucky chap as i have been very close to GOD right from my childhood and used to chant bhajans when i was as small as 6 yrs of age..We used to have regular Satsang ( it included chanting bhajans, discussion on good thoughts, etc). Again my family members specialy my mother has been quite high on spiritual quotient and i have imbibed a lot of that into me. Now about my blogging, i always wanted to share the good thoughts that used to come to me hoping that even if one person subscribes to the good thoughts of mine and it somewhat transform him/her, my pain of putting my thoughts into this blog will be worth the reward..
and to tell you, i am really happy that many people have got inspired from my blogs and even some of them have started their own blogs. I could see my purpose getting served. I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank all my blog readers for their love and encouragement..and i assure you that my blogs will keep coming as and when some nice "Thoughts" come to my mind..I would also like to thank ha ha ha and he he he as they were instrumental in the making of this blog :)

GOD BLESS U :D

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyyy jalan!
Dont take my comment in the wrong spirit!!! I didnt mean to criticize ur blog. I think u have completely misunderstood me...

What i meant was that the blog should not be an account of what u did during the day... ppl read ur blog for ur nice thoughts, not to know what u did everyday... for such ppl, its a waste of time and effort if u just recount ur day...
So instead of writing about what u did, u can use ur blog to communicate ur thoughts and ideas...
Im sorry if i upset u...

Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:58:00 AM  
Blogger Anand Jalan said...

Thanks he he he for the constructive feedback u have given me. it is good that u have pointed out the things u didnt liked in my blog and want me to avoid the same.. I will make sure from now onwards that i will be keeping ur suggestion in my mind while blogging...
To be very honest, this comment of urs have made me raise u high in my eyes :)
Have a nice day :)

Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thnx for the honour....:)

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:23:00 AM  
Blogger Rohit said...

Hi Jalan... whtevr ppl say, just remember that this blog is urs and u can write nething u feel like writing, nething under the sky.. So chill even if u r writng abt the water scarcity in loo.. no prob...its ur space and ur thoughts :)

Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home