Thoughts

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"

Monday, January 02, 2006

Oppurtunities !!!

It is very important that we grab the Opportunities that come in our life becoz its really frustrating to repent on the lost Opportunity. I remember in my MNIT jaipur days i had an Opportunity to buy an Guitar which my senior was selling as his college days were on the verge of completion. I did not followed up and he sold it to an another person. Then the decision to buy a new one got delayed and Thank GOD I became an engineer. After joining XIMB again the old desire to be a Guitarist arose and got a Guitar on request from a friend but Thanks to the tight schedule it is still a dream. When I look back and think of the day my senior came to me and told about the sale.Have i bought the same, i m sure i wud have learnt a lot and who Knows i would have been the next joe satriani :) but becoz i cud not grab the opportunity my dream of becoming a Guitarist is still a DREAM. And its going to be tougher to realise it, day by day, as i enter into the Corporate life. Looking at the leverage i would have got being a singer i really really repent my losing of opportunity that day.
Infact many a times we loose good friends as we keep losing the opportunities to keep the relation alive . We keep losing opportunities in making relationships with some really nice people we met in our life.
It is only when we really need them that we repent our inaction or bad decision.
I have heard lots of stories wherein two lovers who love each other very much but just cud not express their feelings. they kept on losing the opportunities and one day one of them or one's family decides to marry the person with someone unknown about which one dunno much..
I was just talking to my friend and he was saying that he and his fiancee do keep talking on phone sometime..and one of the questions when his fiancee asked was tht do u have feelings for me? and My friend said very honestly NO.. i sort of rebuked him for such insensible behavior but his argument had a point.. he said how can i develop feelings with someone i have jst seen once during the engagement and talked may be couple of hours on PHONE.. it simply does not come..
I was comfortable of the concept of arranged marraiges to some extent but i sort of feeling uncomfortable with case studies like this.. I would say this is not a Marraige but a compromise. and i also believe that arranged marraiges of such type will not work anymore. if it works than i can say u r really lucky..
why i say this is becoz in earlier days men used to be sole bread winner and there was not much women empowerment and women had to make most of the compromises.so the concept although having a lot of loopholes worked somewhat. But in today's age where women is going along arm in arm with men it will be tough time for marraiges to work well unless there is a good amount of chemistry among the two.Both of them should understand each other well, love talking to each other, understand their likes and dislikes and shud be ready to compromise.There has to be a respect for the other person between them. In toto, they have to be good friends.
So looking at the repurcussions of lost opportunity, one should be always ready to grab the opportunity thats comes in one's life rather than repent all thru life about the same..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home